February 6, 2014 § Leave a comment
Welcome to this Saturday Edition in which I share a little of what I’m up to with my writing (when I’m not here) and what I’m reading (between the covers and around the web). I’ll also pull back the curtain a little on my version of the writing life (but not so much as to be indecent).
I hope you enjoy this little diversion and encourage you to share your own thoughts, posts, and picks in the comments. I LOVE hearing from you and seeing the world from your perspective.
Happy writing! Happy reading!
One of the perils of being a self-employed writer is that when you are felled by some vicious illness, getting the rest and relaxation you need isn’t as easy as calling in sick and curling up on the couch with three seasons of Arrested…
View original post 1,254 more words
January 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
1. People change. This is so obvious but it’s the leading cause of friendship death in your twenties so we must acknowledge it. You don’t know who you are at the age of twenty but you gravitate towards who makes the most sense in that moment. Then, as you get more of a handle on yourself and what kinds of people you actually want to surround yourself with, you make necessary changes. You cut the fat. You bid farewell to those who no longer fit. This is perhaps the hardest kind of friendship loss to weather because there’s no one to blame. You both just grew into different people. And when there’s no place to pinpoint blame, the heartache can last longer.
2. People move. They move clear across the country, they move to Europe, they plant the seeds of their life somewhere that’s not close to you and then…
View original post 301 more words
December 2, 2011 § 2 Comments
- A notebook.
- Make-up kit/dental kit. Where I store my few make-up, toothbrush, floss, paste, etc.
- Phone charger.
- Small bottle of alcohol.
- Big-ass loose powder! Lol
- United Colors of Benetton perfume.
- Well, I honestly don’t know what #8 is. -____-
- Car keys.
- Mentos or any other kind of candy.
- A bag organizer.
- Marlboro cigarettes.
- Louis Vuitton wallet.
December 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
- I have road rage. I get all road rage-y in traffic. It doesn’t take much to get me enraged when driving. People cutting me off, people not using their blinkers, people using their blinkers too much, people driving annoyingly blue-colored cars. When someone cuts me off when I’m on foot, I feel annoyed and violated. But lol even when I’m not driving, I still have road rage. Like, when I’m in the passenger seat or at the back, I become the Hulk when someone cuts me off.
- I procrastinate a lot. I’m a great procrastinator. I have this bad habit of delaying tasks and then cram whenever the deadline is near. Regardless of the length of a homework assignment, I will wait until 1am the day before it’s due to start working on it. Laziness always gets in my way.
- I cuss. It’s not necessary to cuss, but it slips out from time to time with me. I’m sure just about everybody does sometimes.
- I am judgmental. I tend to make snap judgments in my head without having all the facts first. I thought that reacting this way kept me safe from the outside world. Not proud.
- I over-analyze. I tend to overanalyze stuff which makes me worry a lot. And I do worry a whole loooot.
- I smoke. Yeah, I know smoking is a stupid habit. I guess, back then, peer pressure got to me. And now, I’m “in the process” of getting rid of this habit.
But, even though some of these things are bad…well, all of them are, I think the worst thing that I do sometimes, is let the sun set on my anger. This is something, as well as the others, that I will strive for the remainder of my life, to stop until I achieve it.
November 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
Turn me loose from your hands
Let me fly to distant lands
Over green fields, trees and mountains
Flowers and forest fountains
Home along the lanes of the skywayFor this dark and lonely room
Projects a shadow cast in gloom
And my eyes are mirrors
Of the world outside
Thinking of the way
That the wind can turn the tide
And these shadows turn
From purple into grey
For just a Skyline Pigeon
Dreaming of the open
Waiting for the day
He can spread his wings
And fly away again
Fly away skyline pigeon fly
Towards the dreams
You’ve left so very far behind
Just let me wake up in the morning
To the smell of new mown hay
To laugh and cry, to live and die
In the brightness of my day
I want to hear the pealing bells
Of distant churches sing
But most of all please free me
From this aching metal ring
And open out this cage towards the sun
WHY? This song always tears me up because I remember my lolo (grandfather) when he was still with us. It has a lot of memories attached to it and it always takes me to a place and that mixed emotion of happiness and sadness.