January 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
1. People change. This is so obvious but it’s the leading cause of friendship death in your twenties so we must acknowledge it. You don’t know who you are at the age of twenty but you gravitate towards who makes the most sense in that moment. Then, as you get more of a handle on yourself and what kinds of people you actually want to surround yourself with, you make necessary changes. You cut the fat. You bid farewell to those who no longer fit. This is perhaps the hardest kind of friendship loss to weather because there’s no one to blame. You both just grew into different people. And when there’s no place to pinpoint blame, the heartache can last longer.
2. People move. They move clear across the country, they move to Europe, they plant the seeds of their life somewhere that’s not close to you and then…
View original post 301 more words
November 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
Turn me loose from your hands
Let me fly to distant lands
Over green fields, trees and mountains
Flowers and forest fountains
Home along the lanes of the skywayFor this dark and lonely room
Projects a shadow cast in gloom
And my eyes are mirrors
Of the world outside
Thinking of the way
That the wind can turn the tide
And these shadows turn
From purple into grey
For just a Skyline Pigeon
Dreaming of the open
Waiting for the day
He can spread his wings
And fly away again
Fly away skyline pigeon fly
Towards the dreams
You’ve left so very far behind
Just let me wake up in the morning
To the smell of new mown hay
To laugh and cry, to live and die
In the brightness of my day
I want to hear the pealing bells
Of distant churches sing
But most of all please free me
From this aching metal ring
And open out this cage towards the sun
WHY? This song always tears me up because I remember my lolo (grandfather) when he was still with us. It has a lot of memories attached to it and it always takes me to a place and that mixed emotion of happiness and sadness.
November 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
Inside the rusted timber and brick structural shell, you will find a contemporary interior design with modern furniture, fixtures and finishes. There is also millwork detailing and the insertion of a steel cantilever stair that connects the ground floor living areas with the private sleeping quarters upstairs. The home is definitely a great rehabilitation project and the results are amazing!
So there you have it. Those are my dream houses…………errr…………..lofts. I know, I know, a bit unrealistic. But it is, after all, a DREAM house, yes?
November 28, 2011 § Leave a comment
November 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. My HP Mini – I love this because it’s very much convenient! I can bring it anywhere. It makes blogging easier. And it fulfills my need to constantly be connected with friends.
2. My DSLR – A photographer’s best friend.
3. My Manual SLR – I’ve grown accustomed to my manual SLR and developing its films because of our Black & White Photography class last term. Ahhhh! I fell in love!
4. My Smartphones & Other Gadgets – What can I say? I’m a gadget geek.
5. Milk Tea – I simply must have milk tea at least once a week. Mehehe
6. My (Varsity) Letterman Jacket – Handy dandy!
7. My Credit Card – For emergencies and MUST-HAVES. Lol! Every girl’s best friend.
8. Wedges – I can’t get enough of them!
9. Alcohol -The neat freak in me has to have at least one big bottle of this at home.
10. Handy Sanitizer – The neat freak in me also has to have at least one of these cute sanitizers dangling from my purse.
11. Healing Ointment – Because my skin easily gets irritated.
12. Comfy Flats – For long walks.
13. Alarm Clock – Tatsie’s little helper. No matter what I do, I can’t wake up early on my own.
14. Coffee – To jump start my mornings!
15. My Uber Cute Hello Kitty Mug – Just because.
16. Tums – For the occasional indigestion and heartburn.
17. Clamp Lamp – For the nights I spend reading books and reading books and reading books and blogging. Hehe
18. Glade Scented Gel – Because I hate stinky rooms. Lol
19. Chocolate Milk – Ahhh! Good ‘ole Swiss Miss.
20. Globe MyFi – This is really handy. WiFi in your pocket!